With the changes in medical assistance and increase in the number of persons entering a nursing home, the usage of life estate deeds has become quite popular. There are important factors to consider when changing or adding names to your deed. Creating a life estate deed gives the owner(s) of the property the opportunity to add someone to their deed while avoiding capital gains taxes. In viewing this type of deed, there are two options: the life estate deed with powers and the life estate deed without powers.
- GI Bill 75th Anniversary – The VA is looking for personal videos to celebrate the impact of the GI Bill
- Help Make Ends Meet with Veterans Pension
- Meeting with Comptroller Peter Franchot
- Thank you to the entire Santa House Committee for their years of dedication and hard work behind the scenes.
- What’s New for Tax Year 2018?